Recently Owen convinced Daddy to play in the rain with him. On that day there was no bad weather to be worried about and the rain was a very warm rain so out we went. After a short time I thought, if I'm going to get wet, why not make it worthwhile. I got a brush and some dish soap and started washing our back steps. To a three year old, this was fun that he was not going to be left out off. In fact, he wouldn't let me have the brush, the soap, or the hose back.
For the next 40 minutes, I watched him scrub the steps. Several times I opened the door and asked if he'd like to go inside now. "No" was always the answer. He wasn't going to come in until he felt the steps were done.
Isn't it crazy how certain things are wired into a childs brain. In years to come, I hope he keeps his room as clean as those steps.


1 comment:
What a cute Post Dan! Owen looks like he was more then enjoying the scrubbing time on those steps..lol
Post a Comment