Saturday, February 3, 2007

Winter and sick kids


Wow, what a snowy blowy day today. It's nice to have a few every year as it makes you remember why you prefer sunny days. O and I went to the post office today to pick up some e-bay stuff. It's a big production to do something that simple. He screamed when I put him in the car. Once at the post office, he decided it was too sunny inside, so he started to scream. For some reason bright sunlight really bothers him, he sneezes and his eyes water...it's weird. Anyways we picked up our package and some of the new price stamps and headed home. Again we had screaming. Again, he didn't want to get in the car. ughhh!

I should probably qualify his behaviour by mentioning that he just came down with a cold yesterday. Still, it's hard to keep your smile on when he's screaming in your face. Oh well, that's all part of a two year old I guess.





I was starting to get a little stressed, so I found myself listening to our wedding song. It usually makes me smile. I've been listening to this song for years and yet it can still make me stop and think about how wonderful life is. It helped me several times when O was sick and since Brynne was born I find myself listening to it quite a bit.

It's by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole, otherwise known as Iz. He was a state treasure in Hawaii. He died several years ago. There are dozens of different videos for this song, but I've included one of the ones that I like the best. This video (linked in blue below) shows some clips of him and his Hawaii. It ends with his ashes being spread in the ocean. Not as morbid as it sounds, the ceremony is something to see. Hundreds of people cheering his life. Nice way to be remembered.

Stop and listen to this song when you have an uninterrupted chance. Ignore the fact that the instrument is a Ukulele and that the singer is enormous. Just listen to it. Maybe it will leave you with a smile like it does me.


If it doesn't leave you with a smile....try the link underneath it. I guarantee that one will make you smile.

Dan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brRsRTTp1Pw


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyulpqyTZIE

No comments: