Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Gross Story

Most of you that know us, will know that our son is prone to vomiting. He probably loses his lunch at least once a week sometimes three times a day. As his parents we are very accustomed to dealing with it and think little of it. Every once in a while there is an incident that is a little out of the ordinary, last night was one of those incidents.

Shortly after 9:00 we heard Owen coughing upstairs. It sounded like he might soon lose his cookies. Barb ran up the stairs in leaps and bounds but I took my time thinking this is a one person job. After about 5 minutes I thought that I would go upstairs and offer my assistance. Let me give you some background and tell you that we always keep a "barf bucket" in O's room. When I arrived upstairs I saw Mommy sitting with Owen comforting him. It appeared to me that he hadn't barfed at all and I assumed that tonight might actually be a pukeless night. Then I heard it, the unmistakable sounds of someone seconds away from barfing. Barb's head spun around looking for something, anything to catch the barf. I saw the barf bowl and lept into action. Grabbing the bowl I quickly swung it in a wide arc over both O and Mommy so that I could bring it down underneath the barfing boy. I soon discovered that only 2 minutes earlier, Mommy had used that same bowl to catch Owens first barf. As the bowl completed it's arc, the barf rained down on us following the same arc that the bowl had just traveled. I found myself thinking, this must be a movie, this can't be real...only in a movie it would have been much funnier....

No comments: